The other day I got these super cute reusable snack bags. so I felt inspired to make some kind of snacks ;) I'm a huge fan of making anything and everything ahead of time, but we were all out of our usual suspects so I figured it would have to wait until after our next grocery shopping trip. But today I remembered we are supposed to be bringing some food to our family Christmas gathering, on of the things we are supposed to bring is a cheese and cracker platter. Both my husband and my grandma have to avoid gluten, and if you've ever had gluten free crackers you know that there aren't a whole lot of good ones on the market. So I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and make some snacks and some crackers for Christmas!
Olive Oil and Himalayan Salt Crackers
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (we love this this stuff )
- 1/2 tsp finely ground Himalayan salt
- 1-2 tbs of your favorite seasoning (optional. Fresh rosemary is tasty though! I'm using this blend in the photos)
- Course Himalayan salt as a topping
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix the butter, olive oil and honey together in medium bowl
- Add flour, salt and seasoning (if using), then add water 1/4 cup at a time. This is the part that will vary depending on your flour. You are looking for a workable dough, not too crumbly and not too sticky. I used about 1/2 cup with mine.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper until cracker thin. Think Wheat Thins.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into 1 inch squares
- Sprinkle course salt on top, place the parchment paper on a baking sheet (no need to separate them) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until nice and golden brown. Keep an eye on them, especially the pieces on the edge that might be a bit thinner. Pull those ones out if they finish cooking before the others.
- Remove from the baking sheet and let cool completely, store in an airtight container or bag.
This post has been linked up with some amazing sites! Click here to see which ones!
This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure policy here.