(Follow me on Pinterest for more)
For the longest time, knitting socks seemed like it was only for "elite knitters". Once I tried it though, I was hooked! They're much easier than people think, so I've compiled a collection of simple patterns for someone who's just starting out.
1. Pilates or Yoga Socks - These will give you a good feel for knitting in the round, without having to worry about toes or heels.
2. Hunca Munca - If you're ready to tackle the heel and toe sections, start with a pair of baby socks, they're quick and easy and will give you a good feel for how socks are constructed.
3. Basic Ribbed Socks - Ready to try a full sized pair? This pattern lets you knit a sock without having to keep track of any additional pattern.
4. Zigzagular - This pattern adds a small section of pattern with slight cabling which is great if you're new to cables.
5. Doublin Bay Socks also have a small section of pattern, using increases and decreases for a simple lace pattern.
If you're ready for some more advanced cables try theses patterns that have only a small section:
6. Easy Going
9. Mull it Over
10. Socks on a Plane - Now that you're comfortable knitting socks, try knitting one from the toe up!
This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure policy here.